top of page

Gansberg Ranch Barns

Built: 1910 & 1914

Location: Foothill Road

Photos Taken: May 4, 2024

The property was originally owned by Fritz Neddenriep. It was purchased by Fred Gansberg in 1903, by Chris Gansberg, Sr. in 1950 and since 2000 has belonged to Chris and Faye Gansberg. This property has two barns, one with a wooden roof and one with a tin roof. The “upper” barn was built in 1910, is 80’ long by 50’ wide. It has three aisles, five bays, 12”x12” sills and dropped tie beams; it was built by Bill Thran. The timbers are ponderosa pine, 12”x12”, hewn by Emory Arnet, a Washoe Indian, during the summer of 1909. The original “lower” barn built in 1914, burned and was rebuilt by Henry Henke in 1918. It is 50’x50’ with three bays and three aisles. It was almost lost again to fire in 1986.

Text from: Barns of Carson Valley - A Pictorial History, Douglas County Historical Society

Image Gallery

Scroll down to see photos or click on a picture to see it larger along with the name of the photographer.

bottom of page