Dressler Ranch Barn
Location: Dressler Lane
Photos Taken: May 2021
This is the barn on the original Dressler Ranch property. It was constructed in 1870 and is 52’ long and 48’ wide. It is a side entry barn with a large central bay and two side bays with openings for drive through. It supports a cupola. The frame is paired head bracing with 24 foot, 10”X10” purlin posts. Center aisle is 22’6” wide. All iron pulleys are still in place as well as the hay track carriage for a Jackson Fork or hay nets. The property has been in the family for five generations, homesteaded by Fritz Dressler in 1863.
Text from: Barns of Carson Valley - A Pictorial History, Douglas County Historical Society
Scroll down to see photos or click on a picture to see it larger along with the name of the photographer.