Comstock Seed Barn
Built: Around 1921
Location: Highway 88
Photos Taken: June 18, 2022
The "Comstock Barn" is named for the seed operation by Ed and Linda Kleiner, the owners for 12 years. The barn is used for dry bagged seed storage and bagging with a large chaff separator inside an added tower. The Kleiners are avidly protecting the original 3-bay timber fram barn, evidently built by William Henke about 1921. The dairy stalls were made more useful by filling in the typical cow poop gutter.
Text from: Barns of Carson Valley - A Pictorial History, Douglas County Historical Society
Scroll down to see photos or click on a picture to see it larger along with the name of the photographer.